Keywords: Assam University online admission, Assam University course, Assam University result
Assam University Online Admission 2020
Several students want to take admission to Assam University, and they are waiting for a long time. Now, the university has provided the admission form for various UG, PG programs. Therefore, students can apply for their respective courses as soon as possible. A number of seats are available for different courses, but most of them are for M.Phil and Ph.D. departments. However, a separate application form is required for all the courses with the respective application fee. Students who are interested in Assam University online admission can fill the application form before the closing date. To know more details about the Assam University online admission, course, result, keep scrolling this page.
About Assam University
Assam University was founded in 1994, and the main campus of the university is located at Dargakona, which is around 20 kilometers away from Silchar. The area covered by the campus is almost 600 acres that is ideal for students, researchers, and people who are interested in academic welfare. The university has another campus that is located at Diphu (Dist. Karbi Anglong) Assam.
Being a central university, this university hosts all the national characteristics for unity in diversity. Staff, students, and facilities hail from various states of India. Assam University also offers academic facilities to international students who find this campus suitable to pursue their studies.
Assam University Courses
There are various courses offered by Assam University, and these courses are:
- UG level courses: BPA, BA, B.Pharm, Integrated B.Sc, B.Tech, BVA, LLB, B.Voc, B.Ed.
- PG level courses: MBA, M.Sc, M.L.I.Sc, MVA, LLM, M.Tech, MA, M.Com, M.Ed, MSW.
- Research level: Ph.D. and M.Phil
- Other Assam University courses: Various diploma courses and certificate courses.
Assam University Online Admission Criteria 2020
Assam University offers various UG, PG, and Research courses, and the admission criteria for each department is different. So, let’s check the criteria for each individual course.
- Students who have passed the 12th exams with PCM and scored 60% are eligible to take B.Tech admission.
- This university also offers B.Tech Lateral entry course for students who have done a diploma in engineering.
- 75% of B.Tech seats are reserved for JEE MAIN students, and the rest of the seats are allotted to the students who will pass the UG entrance test held in the university.
- For each UG program, students are required to pass their respective 12th stream exams from the recognized school or university board.
- If students want to take admission in the university, they have to pass the university’s entrance and interview.
- Assam University online admission for M.Tech is allowed to students who have passed B.Tech from a recognized university with the relevant field. ● Students who have given GATE/CUCET exam and score good marks are eligible for Assam University online admission.
- For the MBA admission, students must pass any Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and score 60% marks (min).
- CAT Score helps the students to take admission in MBA.
- Assam University online admission for MBA will be done after Written Skill Assessment Test (WSAT), and students are advised to bring their CAT Scorecard along with them for WSAT.
- To take admission in any PG program, students must have a Bachelor’s degree in a suitable field from any recognized university.
- Admission for M.Phil and Ph.D. courses would be taken on the basis of CRET (Combined Research Entrance Test), followed by interviews.
Assam University Online Admission Process 2020
Assam University provides admissions on the basis of the online application process, which is followed by five steps:
- Personal Information
- General Information
- Examination Information
- Education Information
Here, we have mentioned the complete steps that help students know about filling up the form for Assam University online admission.
- Go to the official site of Assam University.
- First, fill in the personal details to register yourself on the website and upload a passport size photo.
- Once the registration is completed, fill the valid details in the application form. ● Make payments of INR 300 for ST/SC/PwD and INR 500 for General as the application fee.
- To submit an application form, click on the submit button.
- Once the application form is submitted, an acknowledgment will be sent on the candidate’s registered email Id.
- If a student wants to apply for two courses, he/she is required to submit a separate form for both courses.
Assam University Reservation For Admission 2020
Assam University Result 2020
The university administration has announced the Assam University result for the entrance exams and the merit list of Assam University online admission. Therefore, the students who have appeared for the entrance exams can check their results by visiting the university’s official website. Once the scorecard appears on your screen, please check the details mentioned on the scorecard. This will play an essential role in getting admission to the university. If there is an issue with the result or scorecard
details, contact the university’s official authorities. Bring the required documents along with you at the time of admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an entrance exam for Assam University Online Admission? Yes, the university will take a written test and interview for respective field admissions. What is the application fee for the CAT exam?
The application fee varies as per the categorize for the CAT exam, and it is General/OBC: INR 1900, ST/SC/PwD: INR 950.
What are the subjects provided in the MA program at Assam University?
MA course provides in Political Science, English, History, Bengali, French, and much more.