The applicants for IIT Mandi Admission 2021 to different courses at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi. Applicants must double check the detailed eligibility requirements and selection process/admission processes followed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi for admission to the Undergraduate(UG), Postgraduate(PG) and Doctorate programs offered by IIT Mandi.
IIT Mandi Admission 2021
IIT Mandi provides admissions to the B.tech course in which applicants are given admission at different venues all over India through an All-India entrance examination recognised as the JEE conducted by all IITs. Admissions are given in 4 branches for B.tech courses i.e.CComputer science, electrical engineering, Civil engineering, and mechanical engineering where applicants are accepted via JEE. It must be suggested by the applicants that NRIs are not available for admission at the UG level. In this article we have provided information regarding IIT Mandi PhD admission and M.Tech admission. To know more information about IIT Mandi admission you can check the official website i.e. iitmandi.ac.in.
About IIT Mandi
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi, established in 2009, is one of the newest members of the IIT family, encouraging its students to excel in different educational disciplines. Indian Institute of Technology Mandi provides undergraduate(UG), postgraduate(PG) and doctoral programmes that are taught in many areas of engineering, science and technology by years of experienced faculty working in research and teaching. The courses offered by the IIT Mandi are design-oriented and multidisciplinary, making students well suitable to their wanted career objectives. With the help of new teaching programmes, the IIT Mandi aims to develop the intellect, develop strong foundations, bring out creative thinking and hone the students’ interpersonal skills.
About IIT Mandi Campus
With a large collection of students, academics and staff members, the IIT Mandi campus is fully residential. IIT Mandi provides students with different infrastructural facilities. The IIT Mandi campus has distinct hostel facilities for both boys and girls, indoor and sports play facilities, internet connectivity. The institute’s library is computerised and air-conditioned with books, journals, textbooks, dissertations, etc. Fully air-conditioned with the latest multimedia technologies, there are also laboratories, meeting rooms, auditoriums and seminar halls.
Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) Mandi Highlights
|Year of establishment||2009|
|Name of the University||Indian Institute Of Technology(IIT) Mandi|
|Campus area||510 acres|
|Education Mode||Full-time, and Distance Learning|
Application Process For IIT Mandi
To apply for Indian institute of technology Mandi admission, applicants can apply online via the official website of the college. However, applicants should also apply at the official conducting website of the appropriate entrance test. BTech applicants must fill out the JEE Advanced application form via the official NTA website and MTech applicants are expected to register via the COAP official website.
Below we have listed the application process for IIT Mandi:
- Go the IIT Mandi official website
- Choose the course and then click the “Apply Online” tab
- After that register as a new user by completing the necessary details
- Log in with the help of your credentials and fill correct information in the application form
- Enter your academic qualifications
- Pay the required fees and submit the application form
Documents Need to submit with the application form
- Scanned photocopy of your coloured picture & signature
- Birth certificate scanned documents
- Passing certificate and qualification mark sheet scanned photocopy
- Scanned copies of entrance examination scorecard
- Caste certificate
IIT Mandi M.Tech Admission 2021
Candidates who are looking to take admission to M.Tech Indian institute of technology Mandi courses can check the full information here. Based on Gate score, candidates can get heck admission to IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021. Before filling out the application form for IIT Mandi, M.Tech will be available in March. All candidates must check the eligibility requirements before applying for admission to IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021. The process of applying for admission to IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021 requires the completion and registration of applications for COAP 2021. COAP is an online portal where applicants can see the results of their seat allotment for all IITs they have asked for admission. Once applicants have submitted their applications for admission to IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021, the authorities will shortlist applicants based on their GATE scores, and result will be informed to COAP. Applicants would then have the option at the COAP platform of accepting or refusing the proposal.
M.Tech Programmes Offered by IIT Mandi
Below we have listed some of the Indian institutes of technology Mandi offered M.Tech programs for the applicants –
- Electrical Engineering with specialisation in VLSI
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Structural Engineering
- Signal Processing and Communications
- Energy Engineering
Criteria for IIT Mandi M.Tech Admission 2021
Based on their GATE scores, the authorities will shortlist applicants. The list of applicants shortlisted will be available on the COAP 2021 platform. It should be remembered that the authorities would provide COAP with a list of specialised and category wise shortlisted applicants. Candidates will then be able to accept/reject or choose other options as per the defined dates for the deals offered to them on the COAP portal. When all the seats at the institute are filled, IIT Mandi will have the list of candidates for COAP.
Application Form For IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021
As per the COAP 2021 schedule, the authorities will issue the IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021 application form. Applicants will be eligible to fill out the 2021 IIT Mandi M.Tech online application form. Applicants must remember that when filling out the IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021 application form, they will be asked to enter COAP Id. Thus before filling out the application form, applicants must register with COAP.To fill out the application form IIT Mandi M.Tech 2021, applicants should refer to the steps given.
IIT Mandi PhD Admission 2021
The IIT Mandi Ph.D course admission form will be issued by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Mandi. Applicants must meet the criteria for the minimum eligibility requirements in order to be admitted to the IIT Mandi Ph.D course. PG in the science stream with minimum marks is the minimum enrollment needed to fill out the IIT Mandi Ph.D application form. In accordance with the eligibility requirements in the qualifying examination of IIT Mandi Ph.D admissions, the institute will declare the list of selected applicants.
The written test for selecting the Indian Institutes of Technology Mandi 2020 Ph.D admissions will be conducted by the institute. The applicants who qualify for the written IIT mandi Ph.D. admission test will be invited to the personal interview phase. The interview session will be the final phase of the IIT Mandi Ph.D course admission recruitment process. The applicants who will complete the interview round will be regarded for the Ph.D course to be admitted to the IIT Mandi.
IIT Mandi PhD Courses: General Overview
The entrance exams that encourage applicants to take admission to Indian institute of technology Mandi PhD are UGC NET/NBHM/GATE/CSIR NET. The list of courses is listed below. The classes that the Institute offers are:
- Signal Processing & Communication
- Civil Structure
- Computer Science
- Water Resource
- Power Systems, Electronics & Drives
- Thermal Fluid Sciences
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Remote Sensing & Geo-informatics
- Social Science
- Biological Science
Eligibility Criteria For IIT Mandi Ph.D Admission
Before filling out the online application form, the applicants must be informed of the specific eligibility to take admission to the Institute of technology Mandi Ph.D. Below we have given IIT Mandi Phd admission eligibility criteria.
The applicants must meet one of the following requirements as qualifying standards to get a Ph.D. in engineering.
1. Master degree in engineering or technology from a recognised university, or a master’s degree with an outstanding educational record in engineering and technology studies from a recognised university, or
2. Master’s degree with an outstanding educational record in science and a good score according to GATE, UGC / CSIR NET / NBHM. The test score condition may be exempted by the selection panel if the applicant has more than 5 years of experience.
3. Applicants who have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology and an exceptionally good academic record will also be chosen as a full-time regular scholar according to the qualifying requirements for direct entry to the Ph.D programme. He needs to fulfil the following conditions:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology with a background of research of two or more years in the organisation of research and development.
- Bachelor degree in Technology degree with an average of 8.0 CGPA from either of the IITs.
- Bachelor’s degree from every other institution with a clear GATE ranking within the top 5 percent or top 20 ranked holders according to the university.
Phd in Science
The minimum qualifying requirements for a IIT Mandi Ph.D. in Science admission are as mentioned below.
- Master degree in science form a good University with an excellent academic record with a good GATE score, or .
- Master’s degree from a recognised university of engineering or technology with a strong academic record with a clear GATE ranking, or
- B.tech with a total of 8 CGPA, or
- B.tech or B. E. from any good indian university with a total of 8 CGPA with a clear GATE ranking.
Ph.D in Humanities and Social Science
The applicant must have a master’s degree and a strong academic record in the appropriate field in order to get admission to IIT Mandi Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Science.
Top 7 Frequently Asked Questions About IIT Mandi Admission 2021
Que: How to Apply for IIT Mandi for admission?
- Go to the official site of IIT Mandi.
- Choose the relevant course and tab on the “Apply Online” option.
- Join as a new user and provide the necessary details.
- Log in to the site with your credentials & fill correct details in the given application form.
- Mention academic qualifications.
- Finally, pay the fee of the application form & click on the ‘submit’ to submit the application form.
Que: What is IIT Mandi MTech cutoff?
Ans: The IIT Mandi cutoff differs as per the course and the category (like General, OBC, SC, ST). It was around 50-60 % GATE Score in 2016 and varied category to category.
Que: What is the IIT Mandi placement ratio.
Ans: The IIT Mandi is one of the fastest-growing IITs of India, and it has already achieved upto 86% placement ratio for its students who have graduated in the last years. Therefore, it can be concluded that IIT Mandi has a good placement ratio as that of other IITs.
Que: Is IIT Mandi a good place to pursue an M.Tech degree?
Ans: Yes, it is as IIT Mandi offers an excellent platform to each student with high-quality facilities, research labs, and offers good placements. Therefore, IIT Mandi would be a good place to pursue an M.Tech degree.
Que: How to get admission in IIT for PhD?
Ans: Above, we have mentioned the steps, eligibility criteria, and other necessary details about admission in IIT Mandi for PhD. The steps for other IITs is also same as that of IIT Mandi. Follow all the steps to fill the admission form of IITs.
Que: What are IIT Mandi fees?
|B.Tech||₹2.14 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Tech||₹2.17 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||₹2.14 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|M.S||₹23,500 (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Sc.||₹23,500 (1st Year Fees)|
|M.A||₹23,500 (1st Year Fees)|
|PhD||₹23,500 (1st Year Fees)|
Que: What is IIT Mandi ranking by NIRF?
Ans: Last 3-year rank:
|YEAR||RANKING||SCORE OUT OF 100|
The rankings provided by NIRF are depended upon specific factors as specified below:
|FACTORS||SCORE OUT OF 100|
|Learning, Teaching, and Resources||78.61|
|Research & Professional Ethics||34.57|
|Outreach and Inclusivity||65.65|